From:
PondSite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 17:15:25 -0400
I was reading a thread from some-one the other day about package bees and
can't recall the info.

I put out two each 3pound packages of bees.  I checked them after a few
days to insure that the queen

had gotten out ok, and she had.  I had taken out a frame so that the queens
chamber had plenty of room

to let her out.  I took out some of the burr comb that the bees had already
made in place of the frame

and put in next to the hive as it had sugar/syrup in it, and I let the bees
clean it up.  NOW, The bees

are chewing the piece of comb that I took out, should I take it from them?
Also, after the bees fill

the one hive body that they are working with foundation, I want to add
another hive bodyfor them.  I have

double hive bodies on my other hives already.  Should I put it on top, or
on the bottom.  The weather is

70 degrees plus and bees are working.  Three years, six hives and having
fun.  Would greatly

appreciate any help that I can get.