From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:04:50 -0400
Lloyd wrote:
> Why not turn 'moderation' back on,
I have turned moderation due to excessive posts, excessive quotes and
excessive "flap-doodle" (I like that term).

> but (1) list moderators' names
A problem with that is the moderators then get flogged by subscribers
who demand reasons for unapproved posts, who then plead their case for 6
or 8 or 10 emails.  Listing moderators' names sets the moderators up for
abuse.  You should see my mailbox!

> (2) get a new list of moderators.
Actually, I have been flying mostly solo since late winter.  Team
moderation leads to "discomfort" amongst the moderators.  This is
nothing new, it's gone on since moderation began.

> IMHO, the 'rules' are fine.  My gripe has always been how the
> rules have been applied or enforced...
Or, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

> But no moderation is just asking for the list to die!
Death, where is thy sting?

Aaron Morris
BEE-L Owner/Editor/Moderator/Janitor