From:
Robin Dean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:20:48 +0100
Hi Bill,

I am formerly from South Africa, so understand some of the issues around
creating base technology for use in
developing countries.

Have you thought of using the stainless steel drum from a scrap washing
machine lined with a muslin bag as a centifuge?

I presume you have access to a welding machine or can find a local handiman
to help out.

You could use an old bicycle to provide the motive power and high rotational
speed for the centifuge.  I will send some sketches later today if you would
contact me direct off list.  I will send them as PDF's to reduce the size as
your connection is likely to be a little slow.

Regards,
             Robin

UK Beekeeper, formerly of South Africa.