From:
Gavin Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 00:32:20 +0000
Nice link, thanks (faulty memories are obviously also indu
Hi Peter

Nice link, thanks (faulty memories are obviously also induced by 10+ years reading Bee-L).  The Aubert et al team (the team producing this paper) have been consistently and cautiously questioning the French pesticide explanation for their losses.  Yet few people seem to pay much attention to them.

> MARIE-PIERRE CHAUZAT, et al
> Environ. Entomol. 38(3): 514-523 (2009)
>
> Marie-Pierre Chauzat ...[snip] ... was probably bought by Bayer, right?

I pleased to say that I've also been accused of being bought by Bayer.

The funny thing is that this paper is unequivocal on funding sources:

> This project was supported by the European Community through
> FEOGA projects, the French Ministry for Agriculture, and
> the French Food Safety Agency.

... yet the Suchail et al work so beloved of the anti-pesticide people (it claimed effects at remarkably low levels of imidacloprid) was part-funded by Bayer.  These darn scientists just wont do what their paymasters want, will they?!

all the best

Gavin