From:
George Clarkson/SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 16:41:24 EST
I recently wrote that I was experiencing some Januray foraging in South Carolina
(USA).  The mild weather lasted so long that I had to give one colony more room
to store honey.  All I had to give them was a deep super with foundation only.
What I would like to know is how do you get them to draw out the comb to the
depth of the frame only if you do not have other drawn combs in the super to use
as depth limiters.  The problem I have is that they will draw out a comb so deep
that it interferes with the comb space of the next frame which is still
foundation.

The only way I know to correct this is to have drawn combs or the side of the
hive on either side of the frame of foundation.  Would putting some sort of
divider (such as a thin sheet of paneling) between frames of foundation help?

Thanks for any advice

George Clarkson