From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:34:58 -0400
Ian says>Therefore it is highly unlikely that there is
any so-called "AHB" genetic material in the Buckfast.<

I accept what is being said...with Canadian or European Buckfast.  I do not
with US Buckfast.

I have seen maps of AHB infestation in Texas, and we all know where the
Weavers are.  I know someone on this list recalls hearing a Texas inspector
say that the Weavers are "outside the area".  I respectively disagree, as I
attended a presentation on AHB given by a Texas inspector where he
maintained that "Weavers' were in the middle of the infestation, but had
kept their breeders free of AHB genes by artificial insemination".

Regardless, Ian is correct.  If we all marked our queens and re-queened
annually we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Lloyd