Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:12:00 GMT
bob, i think this was a great post, and i agree with most of it....but the passage below:

-- Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>And if you look at the number of samples tested versus the 2 and a half million hives in the U.S. (most with a couple boxes of 9-10 frames each) what very very small segment of the total are we looking at . Not even a statistic worth discussing.

...i do agree that this is an embarrassingly small sample (as are most bee studies as far as i can tell), but if i tested ground beef from only 5 suppliers nationwide, and they _all_ came up with "significant" e.coli contamination, i would consider that cause for concern...same with this foundation data....but of course, who (with deep enough pockets to fund such a study) would benefit from doing a comprehensive study on foundation contamination?  who would fund such a study?

deknow