Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2012 11:16:41 -0500
What is a small time beekeeper?

The most basic and essential advice for anyone with hopes of becoming a
> successful professional beekeeper is to _ignore_ the ideas and advice
> commonly circulated by small-time beekeepers, especially those who try to
> be different and make things more complex than necessary and follow only
> advice and suggestions from successful professional beekeepers. That good
> advice is generally offered quietly and without the evangelism that
> accompanies the propaganda circulated by the various beekeeping cults.

Langstroth got flack for his dopy ideas. Another one of those small time
beekeepers who made things more complex than necessary.

My problem is I have gone around the blueberry fields and looked at all
those "successful professional" beekeepers operations so I know the
falsehoods in blanket statements about how smart  "professional beekeepers"
are and to listen to them for good advice. Look how many go out of business.

Loopy ideas are not just associated with small timers - as shown on this
list.

As R. King said, "Can't we all get along", before trying to run over his
wife.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine