Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2011 10:46:16 -0400
> I don't have a GPS so these co-ords are 20km from my bees
> but close enough to see where I am on a map)

We covered this at length some time back, but things do change.

---
1.) With Google Earth (Best solution).

Download from earth.google.com - for free.  (Version 6 is out).
(You don't need the Chrome browser, but it is best for using Google
products including maps.)
Find your location.  Set a Placemark (Pin) there.
Look at the properties window which opens when you do so.
Copy and paste the two location strings onto one line with spaces
between as in the example at the end.)

2.) Using Google Maps (http://maps.google.com)

Go to "settings" (The little gear at upper right).
Activate the options which add co-ordinate features.
Return to the map and you should see lat and log when you
press "Shift" and be able to drop a marker when right clicking a
location.
These Google map things may or may not work depending on your
browser.  They work with Chrome.
---

Example: My current location as I write this is:
46° 29.228'N   80° 57.660'W