From:
John M Thorp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 20:59:20 -0400
Usually the world market price for sugar is much---a lot less than home
grown. The last time I bought foreign sugar in bulk (10 years ago) it
was .20 on the 1.00. The sugar barons are a lot like the tobacco barons
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ going to all the right places for their benifit. The
negitive implications concerning both industrys are endless. We've all
heard the bleeding hearts concerning loss or reduction of income if
anyone touches their sacred cow. Upon questioning either one of them
theirs nothing wrong with either product. Hum,I guess if you live a lie
long enough you believe in it yourself. At any rate we all know the
positive aspects of pure honey . If any of you in bee-l land have any
doubts as to the negitive aspects of sugar see if you can get your hands
on what is considered the objectivaly best book on the subject,"Sugar
Blues". It can usually be picked up at any well stocked health food
store. After reading it you'll even be better versed to promote our
favorite sweetner!
Take Care and GBY,John in Homestead,also at<[log in to unmask]>