From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2015 10:38:35 -0400
I'm also in central NC. I can't speak historically, but about 3 days ago I
pulled all of the queens in my hives and gave them all a q-cell. I'm going
to give them two weeks from when I planted them (or roughly 9 days from
when they're scheduled to hatch) to give them an OA vapor treatment. There
will still be some brood capped, but enough will be exposed for me to knock
down the mites (between the brood break and the OA treatment).

At least, that's my plan for this year