From:
Metro Propolis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 14:10:51 -0800

> As a former member of that club, the Backwards Beekeepers, and also as an
appreciative reader of this list,

My understanding is that Kirk Anderson encourages some variation of "let alone" beekeeping, which is further confirmed by reading the blogs of a few Backwards-beekeepers members.

I've found myself wondering:  If hives aren't being actively managed, how can it be known if individual hives aren't revolving doors of colony failure and swarm reinhabitation?

Also, I've come to observe that although hives with untreated varraosis may survive, they are compromised in their ability to create any significant honey surplus.

Would you be willing to share, roughly how much honey you're getting per hive?

How does that compare to those keeping AHB *and* treating them?