Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2016 09:34:31 -0400

> What would really happen would be so many die,  that transmission of the
> parasite would become difficult if not impossible,  so they would appear
> resistant,  after a while they would get hit again,  kind of like bubonic
> plaque,  should we let that run its course so only resistant humans
> survived??

Great observation.

We see this in all pathogen/host events in the real world. Cyclic
catastrophic events followed by a long build up then another crash. Bees
have this problem- disappearing disease is a classic. And I would not rule
Tracheal out for a comback.

And we continually miss the real issue, which is not Varroa but the
pathogens it carries. Dogs are "tick resistant" but not RM Spotted fever
resistant. If you have Varroa without virus, you have "resistant" bees

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine