From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2013 05:05:37 -0700
>The graph for six years appears to be a linear line.

Stan, you are correct in that this one appears linear.  One needs to look
at the original data sets from which Goulson created this single graph.
 The overall data suggest plateauing.  That is why I'm seeking other data
sets, to see if that is a consistent result.

>But if the soil tests
> show a half life of well over a year, how can it not accumulate?

As you know, the half life is strongly dependent upon soil type and the
amount of organic matter, and type of plant life.

> > What do you think the mechanism is Randy for it to plateau?

Good question, Stan!  I'm no mathematician, but let me play with some
graphing to see (my flight is about to board).

> >Why is there not more data available on this most intrinsic and easily
> testable of effects?  You would think that the regulators would require
> multiyear testing.

Agreed!  That's why I'm asking!

--
Randy Oliver