From:
Randall Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2013 14:54:03 -0500
> No evidence was found that tanging causes a flying swarm to settle.

I've played around with tanging a few times just for fun. In my very
limited experience, it "works" about half the time and doesn't "work"
the other half. My conclusion is that there isn't any point to it (aside
from the historical perspectives provided by Peter B. and Peter E.). But
if a research study shows that it NEVER "works", I question the validity
of the study. Or maybe their method of tanging PREVENTS bees from
settling? ; )

Randall Austin