From:
michael palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 07:03:35 -0500
James Fischer wrote:

> Excuse the mass hysteria, but bees simply did not kill people or
> animals in the western hemisphere before the spread of AHB.

 Not so. I personally know of two attacks which proved deadly - before AHB came
to this continent.
    Both were attacks on animals while honey was being harvested close by. The
first was two hound dogs, stung to death while chained to their dog houses. The
second was a cow stung to death while in a small pen. In both cases, the
animals could not get away from the attacking bees.

Mike