Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 15:41:41 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< British beekeepers have voluntarily taken exceptional care to avoid the
 potential for contamination of honey.  The British Bee Farmers Association
 advised all members to keep all hives 4 miles from all GM trial sites in
1999,
 and increased their suggested "safe distance" to 6 miles in 2000.

 British honey is not "contaminated" by GM-pollen.   >>

Last year a local (Dorset, UK) farmer did a GM crop trial in spite of much
adverse publicity, public protest meetings and the like.  Looking at the map
and trhe address list of our members I reckoned that 17 of them kept bees
within a 6 mile radius of the site.  So we went to the farmer and he  found
the association a place where members could move their bees during the
flowering period of the crop more than 6 miles away.

Nobody used it.

Chris