From:
Robin Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 14:38:06 -0400
>     Now enforcement, I don't know.  If it is like here, with bee
protection
> directions on insecticides, well...........  (Enforcement varies from
state
> to state, and seems quite dependent on the number of pollination
> "consumers").

As for enforcement, it is not only with those spraying pesticide; nor with
those who use agricultural spray (such as Mavrik) improperly.  There are
also certain numbers of beekeepers who feel quite comfortable leaving their
Apistan on all winter long.  I have personally talked to beekeepers, some
older than I, who do just that.

Furthermore they give examples of others who do the same and tell me there
is nothing wrong with it.  When I try to convince them of potential
resistance buildup, or following direction as per specified on the label,
etc.. they just ignore me.

Fortunately there are few of us like that, however there are also few who
likely break any rules.  Enforcement in North America even among ourselves
leaves something to be desired.