From:
"Lear, Eddie(ENL)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 07:46:52 +0200
Cesar,

When I started beekeeping in 1980, I bought over a beekeeping concern, which
entailed buying the hives, extractor, safety equipment etc.  Out of the
twenty hives a few were concrete.  The bees were never successful in these
hives, absconding regularly. I also found them heavy to move about,
particularly the supers. I also found they broke easily when vandals
entered, and they could not be repaired either.
The advantages I found were that they were the only hives left in my one
apiary after a fire had swept through.  Also after the bees absconded,
although the frames were mutilated by wax moth there was no damage done to
the hive body.

Eddy Lear
South Africa