From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 14:51:30 -0400
Jerry

your comments on genetics I thought was interesting. Can we assume that the majority of affected
hives (not beekeepers) are from migratory operations? If thats true can we also make the assumption
that the migratory folks prefer an Italian line over others?

If this line of reasoning fits with your observations, I wonder then if the affected hives do represent a
rather small pool of genetics.  While genetics may not be the "answer" to CCD it would be an
interesting piece of data to add to the puzzle.