From:
Steve Sweet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2011 10:16:29 -0700
Larry-
Boise, Idaho is going through an ordinance re-write .  The city's project
manager, Cody Riddle, has done a great job of working with the local bee
club, even going so far as to come out to a couple beeyards and figure out
what's going on.  The current draft of our new ordinance is referenced
below, and Cody's contact info can be found there, too.
Based on our positive experience here in Boise, I'd encourage you to follow
suit, and directly engage those writing the ordinance.  Get them out to a
bee yard.  Have them go through a few hives without gloves.  Teach them
something positive and then take an active role in helping re-write the
ordinance.
A new ordinance will only be as good as the effort you and your fellow
beeks put into it.
Good luck,
Steve Sweet, General Laborer & Ass't to the Pres.
Sweet Honey Co.
Boise, ID

Draft Ordinance: http://www.box.com/s/v19chys6z30yqhkd741e
BeekForADay: http://www.box.com/s/e8u8lo5ldggpp537k0jk