From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2014 13:26:09 -0400
Hi all

Despite the spate of studies on feeding bees syrup laced with poison, there is one study that nobody does (so far as I know). Of course, we already know that honey bees thrive on neonic treated canola and other plants. But has anyone bothered to collect the nectar and analyze it?

Has anyone analyzed canola honey and/or fed it to bees? Of course, bees overwinter on canola, but that doesn't seem to carry that much weight when these things are being discussed.

The nicotine plant, AKA tobacco, produces nectar too you know, and bees are known to gather honey from it. So it is known that a plant can be very poisonous and yet produce wholesome nectar. (The reason for this is that the plant is trying to attract pollinators to the flowers, but kill predators on the stems and leaves).

PLB