From:
Ron van Mierlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 20:59:23 +0200
Hello everyone,

Since the archives did not give me an answer, I hope that you people can. Next year I will start beekeeping and concerning the hive location here in southern Sweden I have two questions. For the actual location I seem to have found a spot at the edge of our property, overlooking my neighbour's farmland. If my neighbour goes along too then in this particular situation the hive(s) will be facing south-east and have an opening or working angle of about 110 degrees. The resting 250 degrees behind the hive(s) are formed by pine trees mainly. The hive(s) would be sun exposed from morning to halfway the afternoon, but then a shady period would set in.

- Will the 110 degrees that I mentioned be an acceptable figure, or would the bees need more freedom to fly to and from?

- Does this situation provide the hive(s) with enough sun/warmth, even through the nippy Swedish autumn-winter-spring period?

Ron van Mierlo

Sweden