From:
Richard E Leber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:51:14 -0600
Helen;

I am a user of 'bobby pins' in both brood and honey super frames to
straighten foundation the until the bees can draw the comb.  These pins
probably do not provide the strength of cross wiring the frames but, with
the use of a radial extractor in the honey house the additional support
in not necessary.  To cut my 'cost' even further once the comb is
completed I remove the bobby pins for use in the next new frame.

My major source of supply is the bathroom counter where my wife does her
hair, but only when she in not in the neighborhood.  Sometimes I am
forced to  make the trip to the drug store, quick stop, grocery, K-Mart
or Wal-Mart to buy a package of fifty for under a dollar.  When I feel
extravagant I'll spend a few pennies more and buy the larger size for
longer hair.

Richard & Nancy Leber
Beekeeping and Honey Production Since 1987
Mobile, "Sweet Home Alabama"

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:12:16 +0100 Helen Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>A few months ago there were a few postings about using bobby pins in
>the
>frames to hold new foundation. I wonder whether those who use it could
>provide some information on the kind (brand name, etc) of pin used and
>any sources.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]