From:
Robert Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2015 08:31:43 -0500
On 11-Nov-15, at 5:44 PM, David Tharle wrote:

> Most varieties now, although almost as quick to granulate as their
> ancestors, form a finer crystal.

Hi Dave and all

Canola previously alternated with corn/soy around here.  The last few
years, however, it has been corn with the odd field of soy but no
canola.

I have reported to Bee-L about my honey that I keep for our personal
use in the freezer.  Some years (2010 for example) the July honey goes
into the freezer in plastic 2 litre tubs as liquid but is a smooth
creamy texture when thawed months or years later(staying creamy at
room temperature).  Other years it is clear liquid when thawed setting
to a hard crystal in a month or so.

Your post makes me wonder if it could be canola giving me that fine
texture.  None of the agriculture is closer than 1km.  Do you know if
your canola honey acts like this?

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada