From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:03:52 -0500
Dear Subscribers,

As Moderator and list owner I have been taking excessive flack lately
from all sides regarding the care and feeding of BEE-L.

BEE-L cannot be all things to all people, nothing can.  This is a repeat
conversation, it is a perennial topic in the archives.  Each time things
come to a head I remind everyone that although I would like to
accommodate everyone, it comes down to as I already stated, BEE-L cannot
be all things to all people, so when push comes to shove I have to
insist that BEE-L follow the owner's perception of what BEE-L should be.
My ideals for BEE-L are posted at
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/default.htm where among other things
readers will find the guidelines for posting at
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm which have been
suggested reading for as long as I can remember.

More important to this posting is the page that outlines misconceptions
about what BEE-L is and what BEE-L is not.  "Dispelling Common
Misconceptions About BEE-L" can be found at
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/misconceptions.htm and I urge all
subscribers to go there and read it.

I will open up BEE-L for the remainder of the weekend for any and all
comments.  I will weigh all input, although I've considered for years
what I want BEE-L to be and I'll state right now that I doubt I will be
impacted much by objections that may be raised this weekend.  There have
been discussions over the years, lists have splintered off in protest,
and today there are more lists than I have the time to monitor, and I
understand soon there will be another one.  So be it.  As of midnight
Sunday night, Monday morning I will begin to moderate BEE-L as described
at honeybeeworld.com.  Thereafter, any objections regarding the job I do
will be unwelcome in my mailbox.  If this is not to the liking of
subscribers, there are other lists wher you can participate and other
list owners who you can abuse.

I apologize for the tone of this post and offer in advance my apologies
to BEE-L fans, be they active contributors or silent contributors.

Sincerely,
Aaron Morris