From:
Ari Seppälä <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:27:49 +0300
Imidaclprid has beed blamed for bee losses for a long time. We have heard
how it affects termites and can be used as a peticede against them.

But has any other heard about a study where imidacloprid was fed to the bees
?  If it makes bees disappear like what we hear about CCD it should be quite
easy to show. Also shoud be quite easy to see what concentration is needed.

In Eurbee congress I talked to a french sciestist who had made a study like
this and she said that they could not see effects. If I remember they tried
with concentrations which were much abowe the ones found in plants growing
in treated fields. ( If remember right they treated  around tens of ppm:s in
sugar feed)

The scintist did not get  paid by chemical comapanies.

This kind of study should be made. Or does anyone have data already ? I do
know about the french study about affects to bee memory. But I  would like
to know the concentrations when bees start to disappear.

Ari Seppälä