From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:27:53 -0000
Hi Owen

I have tried this...

The problem is to get enough energy into the wire as the wax and honey
conduct the heat away.

I did try a hacksaw blade sharpened like a knife that was heated by a low
voltage transformer. I tried several transformers up to 1000VA and still had
the problem the blade got red hot but cooled rapidly when in contact with
the honey.

A heated blade of stouter proportions with thermocouples and heaters inside
it may well work but I gave up before reaching that stage.

Regards From:- Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping and Bee Breeding, website
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman
Archives of IBList, website http://website.lineone.net/~d.cushman