From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:49:11 -0500
Perhaps a reevaluation and a "ground-check" is in order?  Walking the fields
rather than driving along the highways and looking at edges (which is what I
do)? I wonder whether weed scientists may have some information that
supports your views?

Jose,
it is an interesting point.... one I had not even noticed myself until one
of the Guys pointed it out.   No doubt Roundup has changed some things.  I
am only offering a simple observation.  Not saying its good,  just that it
may not be all bad.    In the past with typical herbicides they would kill
anything but grasses.  So while the lambsquarter was killed,  the foxtail
was not.     Also as a side effect of that ,  since they killed weeds and
not grasses,  a lot of areas were over sprayed or directly sprayed.  Can't
do that with Glyophsphates.

Add to that the residual effects of Atrizines, (not to mention the research
on frogs)  and maybe the picture is not as bleak as we painted it.

I KNOW that Hensbitt and yellow rocket are KEY to successful spring buildups
here in my area.   It also seems to be a lot more goldenrod than ever
before,  but I chalked that up to me just being more aware of it than ever.
Turns out that may not be the right observation.  The area I live in now,
is fairly new to me.  We have only been here 15 years,  so I don't have the
childhood history of the area flora and fauna.

Charles