From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:14:55 -0600
Keith,

>Dan is helping our industry like no other. Dan writes many articles
favoring the bee industry and telling the obstacles we all face.

Surely your not serious> I replayed the tape of Dan's talk at the ABF
meeting. He left out all the obstacles  faced this year! He did say $150 a
hive and send all the hives as still would not fill the need.

> than a hand full that don't get paid at all.

You still don't get the picture. I am about to quit trying to help you
understand the issue. Acres of empty boxes sit waiting to be trucked home
from combining. Thousand of hives sit unrented. Out of state beekeepers
trusted the almond industry and all feel they got burned.
Their story to the last beekeeper. I have talked to two which are bankrupt
without funds to get the hives back home.

Your story is they should have been psychic and known better than to send
the same hives California Almond growers have been buying for years. Should
have been psychic and seen that the inspection crews of certain brokers
would grade a hive with ten frames as five. Six frames as three!

News  from our meeting today!

The Midwest beekeepers which went to California said to tell you they  can
get you some pollination contacts in the Midwest with some grower friends of
theirs Keith! They can use all the hives you can send. They need a ten frame
average in April. Midwest beekeepers which had problems in California  this
year will do the grading for the growers. Your big chance to get richer than
you are. $150 a hive! Send all your hives.

>    This year the almond industry gave over seven hundred thousand dollars
for mite research.

 We had our meeting of the Midwestern Beekeepers today. None of the guys
which went to California has any money left to help the almond growers but
as a good will gesture they  decided to send each almond grower a *large*
box of Q tips to hand pollinate their groves with next season.

Don't kill the messenger Keith! They made me promise I would pass on the
message when I showed them some of your emails! They said if I didn't pass
on the message they wouldn't let me in on the fructose tanker next week. My
bees need feed. What could I do?

Bob