From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2013 07:53:03 -0500
On 7-Nov-13, at 6:56 PM, Jack wrote:

> So how does one figure the yearly per colony production average.

Hi Jack and all

I mark the hive ID on my honey supers, with a grease pencil, before
taking them to the extracting room.  As I neither filter nor heat my
honey, it runs from my extractor into 15kg pails which are poured
directly into my settling tank.  I extract all of the supers from
each hive together making the total per hive easy to calculate by
adding the totals from the spring, summer and autumn extractions.  If
there is no honey extracted from a hive, it doesn't enter into the
calculation.  June splits usually build on the July flow and produce
a crop in September, but not this year as the goldenrod flow failed
here.  The extracted supers go back on the hive they came from to
clean before storage.  Most beekeepers don't share their production
figures, in my experience, so that I only need per hive figures, but
could easily calculate an average if needed.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W