From:
Bruce Laidlaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 15:29:28 +1000
At  7:58 AM 17/10/96 +1100, Nick Wallingford wrote:
>> I am trying to update Beekeeper's Handbook, and need a list of current bee
>> schools here and abroad.  These are courses taught to prepare beekeepers
>> for becoming commercial concerns, not one or two classes.  I know Cardiff
>> used to have one, is it still in business? Anyone else?

TAFE NSW (Technical and Further Education, New South Wales) offers a 54 hr
flexibly delivered external course through its external college, OTEN.

http://www.opennet.net.au/partners/oten/

At the moment OTEN is only offering its computer courses via the internet.
It may offer further courses via the internet later.

Course: Beekeeping

"This course is for people who want to learn how to look after bees to
produce honey. The course teaches you how to set up beehives, find a site
and manage hives. You learn about hive layout, swarming, honey and pollen
flowers, honey production and marketing. When you finish the course you may
find work as an apiarist."

Entry Requirements: There are no formal educational requirements for this
course.

Qualification: College Statement.

\       Bruce Laidlaw                           /
\       Head Teacher                            /
\       Foundation Studies                      /
\       East Sydney College of TAFE             /
\       (Technical & Further Education)         /
\       Darlinghurst                            /
\       New South Wales                         /
\       Australia  2010                         /
\       +61-2-9569-2854 (h) 9339-8648 (w)       /
\       http://pip.com.au/~abestuds/            /
       {|||8-  Beekeeper  -8|||}