From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 09:13:44 -0400
> >  Since we know that wax absorbs chemicals.
>
> Not an absolute, in fact far from it. Depends on the
> chemical.

That's as far as I'd recommend Bill's response.  Harkening back to my
college chem days (there were few of them and it was a long time ago) I
remember the ROT, "Like dissolves like".  I believe this supports Bill's
assertion , "from it. Depends on the chemical."  As far as what chemicals
will more readily be dissolve/absorbed by wax vs. honey, I'd defer to those
more knowledgeable of the subject matter than I.  However I am wary of
blanket statements such as, "Honey is more likely to have chemicals than
wax."  Continuing to shake the slim branch I'm on, I believe that honey more
readily dissolves/absorbs/is contaminated by coumaphos and beeswax more
readily is/absorbs/is contaminated by Apistan.

I'm sure I will be corrected by those more in the know.  Perhaps Jerry will
set me straight.  Obviously I (we?) could use a lesson here.

Aaron Morris