From:
Griggs Mike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:17:41 -0500
Just in time for the Holiday Season!

I have just been informed by the staff at Mann Library that the new
materials, made possible by beekeeper donations, are available at the
"Hive & the Honeybee" collection of digital books on line.  This
makes 30 important early books on beekeeping available to you from
your computer.  We hope to have more coming in the future!

See the collection at;

http://bees.library.cornell.edu/

  They tell me they are working on a few "bugs"  in the system, not
quite like us beekeepers, as they have upgraded the software used to
present the collection so that:

• Search results are significantly improved, with search results now
showing highlighted keywords in whole sentences extracted from the
text of each volume

• Page view is much improved (includes, for example, the full title
of the volume being browsed at the top of the web page--something
that was missing with the older software)

• "Book bag" function works much better now; a little like the
"shopping cart" feature of online retailers like Amazon; only better,
really, with much improved efficiency in emailing found documents and
pages.

We plan for another set of digitizations in the new year!   In the
mean time!

Thanx all who have donated to make this possible for everyone.

Have a happy holiday & log on to enjoy a good book

Mike Griggs