From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2012 14:39:38 -0500
> Bob, you could settle this easily.  How about going out and shaking out
> a hive or two and weigh the bees, then count the bees in one pound and
> figure out the total?
>
> That would convince us all.  Nothing else will.

I am sitting down with a laptop with one of my helpers fishing for a big
catfish in my pond..

I told my helper to go up on the hill yard (90F.) and take take the supers
off the smallest hive (only five 6 1/4 supers) and shake all the bees out
and weigh all the bees and report back. He became upset and cussed at his
boss! Thinking the job over he said how would he be able to weigh the flying
bees.
How did the researchers weigh the flying bees?

I checked the white sweet in front of the house at 7 am and the bees were
working.

No bites so far but my blood pressure went up when the drag on my rod began
to sing. Almost dropped my laptop in the water! Turned out to only be my
help reeling his bait in and tangled in my line.

bob