From:
Zachary Huang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:40:03 -0500
On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:16:06 -0400, Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>You can judge for yourself, but I fail to share Zachary's enthusiasm and think that freezing drone brood is more practical and just as effective.
>

>Lloyd
>Lloyd Spear, Owner of Ross Rounds, Inc.
>Manufacturer of round comb honey equipment and Sundance pollen traps

Thanks, Lloyd for your cadidate opinion.

Now I have improved the design so that perhaps 15 seconds is enough.  No
need to open bee hives.  connect the two terminals outside the hive and
bingo, you are done.

I think this is better than freezing, no?

The main idea is to get commercial beekeepers to use the device. for someone
with 10 hives, freezing would work just well. But if you have 5000 hives,
you need a HUGE freezer!

Right now we are trying to get funds to 1). make a die mold for a prototype
and 2) conduct field experiment to show that the zapping would reduce mite
population enough so that no chemicals are needed.

cheers,

Zachary Huang
http://www.mitezapper.com