Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:18:40 GMT
it seems to me that you simply don't like/believe the data.

first, you assumed that i must have misinterpreted something i read.  i'm not above making mistakes, but i'm also a pretty careful that what i post is what i mean to post.

when that didn't pan out (direct quotes supporting what i was saying), the assumption changed to this could only happen with "the most overdosed bees being treated to overdose levels while the pollen was tapped and collected."

i'm all for picking apart studies and methods (it's rare i read a study and don't see something that could be improved), but generaly it's because i don't like the methods or procedure.  here, you appear to assume that if they got the results they got, then they must have overlooked the obvious (shop towel treatments in the hive while pollen is being trapped) without you knowing the details (in fact, you didn't seem to even be aware of the data here until yesterday).

if, in fact, pollen was trapped while treatments were in use, then i would agree that this was poorly done, and that the results mean little/nothing.  correct me if i am wrong, you are simply discounting the data here because you don't like it, not because you actually know anything about the procedures or how this was done.

i've done enough experements in my life to know that they don't always come out as one might expect at the outset (otherwise, there would be no point in doing experements....we could just think about them).

surprising data does not mean the experiment was done wrong.

i remember going sailing with my family as a child.  one time, my father looked from the binoculars to the chart...back and forth.  finally, what came out of his mouth was "that's funny, they put the wrong number on that buoy."  his conclusion based on his observation would have been correct if he was at a different location....but he was  simply looking at the wrong location on the chart.

deknow