From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 10:00:43 -0700
> There has been some discussion here recently on Formic Acid.  I heard (from
> one of the bee supply companies) that the formic acid gel packs were not
> really reliable yet...  I live in Florida... Does anyone here have experience
with the new gel packs?

I realise you are probably hoping to hear direct from a Florida beekeeper here,
but there is quite a bit about formic and release rates, etc. in our archives.
As for the Florida experience, Betterbee Bob wrote the following right here,
just the other day: "We are still working on the California registration, but
with the state bee inspectors working against us in Florida, we may withdraw the
Florida application".  So, you may not have to worry about formic in your hives,
unless you start pushing hard for it to be approved.

For those who need to get up to speed on formic now that it is legal in one
form, at least, in some of the USA, I recommend going to
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/BEE-L/ and searching the BEE-L archive, using
'formic' as a key.  Or you can chose the 'Varroa & Formic Acid' link from the
menu on the above page, where you will find enough links and info to keep you
reading for weeks.

Other search variations are 'formic AND gel', and 'formic AND Florida'.

allen