From:
Mark Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 22:49:10 +1000
I purchased my first two boxes of Ross Round frames early in 2000 (and here
in Australia) just caught the end of the last flow of summer.  Most sections
were drawn and about 20% filled and capped nicely.  I removed the 'good uns'
ready for sale and stored the remainder away for winter.  One box I froze to
kill wax moths and eggs, then stored in sealed plastic bags.  The other I
put in a bag with a small tray of paradichlor.  Upon opening in spring, the
latter frames had not surprisingly picked up some of the smell of the
paradichlor.  However, this did abate somewhat after airing for a day or
two.  I put the RR supers on a strong hive a couple of weeks ago and when I
checked this weekend, the bees were in the sections and appeared to be
drawing foundation with gay abandon.

Any comments on my methods, and particularly ideas on how you experts store
partially filled sections (or 'returns' as I have heard them called) would
be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mark Hayward
Amateur beekeeper