From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2013 05:42:43 -0700
Chris, I've done a number of trap outs, but somewhat differently, and by
using a new queen.  I'm interested in your observations.

>Generally (bees do nothing invariably) the queen comes out after a couple
> of weeks and resumes laying.

I'm very interested in this observation.  Could you please confirm that you
have observed this happening more than once?

>   >That's when I remove the Porter escapes and replace them with a piece
> of queen excluder to enable the workers to re-enter their old home and rob
> it out, thus avoiding the problem referred to above.

Also curious, are you saying that you observe the bees in the nuc box going
back into the wall to remove honey while the nuc box is still connected to
the original wall opening?

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA