From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 22:52:34 -0600
Well, tonight I , along with 6 of my crew, saw Ulee's Gold in a preview
showing in Calgary.

It was as good or better than I expected and I think I can recommend it to
pretty well anyone teen aged or older. The plot was plausable and the
characters nicely developed and well casted and portrayed. Thankfully,
violence and coarse language were restricted to the minimum necessary to
tell the story honestly.

Peter Fonda was a convincing beekeeper and the beekeeping scenes were very
authentic.  With a few small changes, his truck, hives  and some bee yards
could have been mine.  (I like to think I have a lot more bees in my
hives, but then I don't have a camera crew and all the others to consider
when I go to work my hives).

I tend to like films with rich, sympathetic camera work and lots of
visual detail, and this film did not leave me disappointed.  All in all, I
found it to be a rich and positive experience and I'm sure I'll see it a
time or two again when I have the chance.

Allen