From:
Tom Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:04:46 +0100
Hello All

Bob Harrison wrote:

>Ever thought of importing one of the USDA strains which are showing
>tolerance  in the U.S.?

Bob, I truly envy American beekeepers the choices you have available.
Reading the ABJ each month for me, is like having my face pressed against
the window of a tuck shop without being able to go inside.

Sadly, the Irish Government prohibits the importation of bees. But I am ever
hopeful that someday this will change, as change it surely must.

Bob, you are absolutely right in what you say, but meantime I must soldier
on with FGMO without the benefits of American beekeeping technology.

Sincerely
Tom Barrett
Dublin
Ireland