From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2017 08:56:09 +1000
> And as Juanse pointed out, African bees and perhaps Apis cerana appear to be more resistant to viruses.  Two researchers are currently working on a paper on the subject, since the immune responses of various races of bees to viruses are quite different.

Randy, not all viruses.  For cerana we had the Thai sacbrood and now in South Korea they have sacbrood that is killing out a lot of their cerana.  We had a TV crew from South Korea out here a while back doing some filming and wanting to know how they can combat the sacbrood.

Trevor Weatherhead
Australia