From:
Robert E Neely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 07:24:42 EDT
Dear Florence & Mark:
Bees may travel over a mile to search for flowers. Sometimes they just
hand it off to other bees when they reach the hive. (Pollen or nectar)
They may just rest or possibly are  "Guarding the hive"
Have you inspected the hive as yet? When you look inside, if the frames
near the outside are empty, take one from each side out and gently move
the others over...then place the empty frames in the center. This action
sometimes helps them to fill them easier. If there is not at least three
empty frames...add a super.
REMEMBER THESE BROOD CHAMBERS WILL BE HEAVY. Possibly over fifty pounds.
Please keep me posted.

Bob Neely