From:
Midnitebee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 16:27:30 -0500
Greetings!
Is it not true that you should paint your hives a dark color and besides why
paint hives at all?..the wood needs to breathe .
Is it not comprehensible to realize that the pores of the wood helps to rid
the extra moisture than having the bees expel this moisture through the
entrance?
Try to use wood that has a vertical grain ..helps in moisture release.
Why have my bees do this extra work..I want them busy collecting
pollen/nectar.
Comments?

Holly-B Apiary
P.O. Box 26