From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:57:20 -0700
Rex Boys said: The apidictor was a stand-alone instrument intended to be
fed into a human ear. I cannot visualise ..feed into a computer... used it
as a pre-amplifier.

> That's the idea.  Computer or simple communications device could feed
this information to your desk top.  Not much advantage if  your hive is in
the backyard.  Big advantage if far away.

Your second paragraph suggests that knowledge of an impending swarm is
not much good unless you are there when it emerges.  In Britain we learn
procedures that can be used to prevent swarms

> So do we.  If we could successfully prevent all swarms, one wouldn't need
a warning system (whether an apidictor or some other device).

Cheers

Jerry