From:
Scott Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:17:49 -0000
Greetings all,
     I am looking for any tips or advice anyone might have on vandalism of hives, and how to prevent it.  I awoke this morning to find one of my hives tipped over.  I am sure it was a person that tipped it over because the hive is in my yard, and there are no predators such as bears in the  St. Louis area.  I figured it was a matter of time before one of the locals figured it would be a good sport.
I have been mulling ideas over in my mind as to how to prevent it again.  I have narrowed it to two possible solutions.  The first was to install an electric fence around the hives, but I am concerned about liability issues.  The second option is to create a 4 strand barbed wire fence around them.  I am open to any other suggestions anyone may have.  I intend to split two  of the hives, then move the 4 new hives to a new location, but I dont want to face that mess again before April!  Thanks for your help all.
Scott Moser
Moser's Apiary