Dr. Rajiv K. Gupta
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 07:31:47 +0530
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Hello Everybody,

Thanks to the idea of Dr. Allen Dick. I share my two websites with regard to bees:

1. An Updating Bibliography of the Bees of the World at URL: http://Geocities.com/BeesInd . Since 17 December, in total visited 5,500 times by bee workers around the World. The next updated issue of this e-book will be released on 19 June, 2003. All BEE-L members and their friends working with bees should cooperate in this exhaustive effort. Kindly send me list of your publications [published/in press] to be included in this enthusiastic work. It is listed with Google.com/Yahoo.com/webring and hundreds of other search engines.

2. An Annotated Catalogue of the Bee Species of the Indian Region at URL: http://Geocities.com/BeesInd2 . It consists of around 1072 bee species found in a specified area ranging from Turkey in the west, running southward up to Singapore in the east. I intended to release this e-book on 16 May, 2003. Many webpages have been already uploaded and can be visited again free of
cost. Around a fortnight I am not receiving proper networking speed therefore many webpages are awaiting uploading. It is a very extensive website consisting of a network of 165 visible files [webpages] with around 2000 hyperlinks. The huge networking of book will provide a good foundation work to all the bee workers of the World. With due permission of  Dr. Charles D. Michener (Kansas), I have adopted the taxonomic framework from his pioneer work (2000).  At present one can go
through the catalogue with around 84 genera known so far from this region. I presume the book will be completely uploaded by 31st of May.

I shall welcome any suggestion/comments for the best outputs of these two works on internet.

Dr. Rajiv K. Gupta
[log in to unmask]

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/BEE-L for rules, FAQ and  other info ---
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ATOM RSS1 RSS2