From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2015 09:27:24 -0700
I realize that this is a beekeeping discussion group.
But many of us are concerned about biodiversity on a larger scale.
What is good for biodiversity in the landscape is also generally good for
honey bees and beekeepers.

Beekeepers don't really need any government help (although we often benefit
from research by the ARS and university labs).  Commercial beekeeping is a
competitive business.  When my competition fails, I see greater demand for
my products.

Sharp beekeepers are currently earning income as never before.  Those
beekeepers who continually have "problems" can learn from those who are
consistently successful--or not.

Many of us are not asking the government/taxpayer to "fix" industry
problems, other than by better regulation of pesticide use.

But we *are* stakeholders in agriculture and the ag industry.  Keeping our
profile high is in our interest.  Collaborating with other stakeholders is
also in our interest.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA