From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 06:41:46 -0600
> I notice Barry saying we need to see one of these combs asap to support
the theory.

Actually, I would like to see even a diagram (or a picture) of a
cross-section of such a comb.

I have trouble imagining how they might be constructed.  Standard combs are
built with the cells on opposite sides of the comb staggered so that all
cells can all have convex cell bottoms.  If built directly across from one
another, the midrib would have to be very thick -- I think.  (Nonetheless
that gets me wondering about cells where there are transition cells on one
side....)

Presenting such a diagram should be very simple.  I propose we put off
further discussion of comb arrangement until someone who has seen such comb
presents a simple cross section diagram so that we can see better what is
being proposed.

I understand that Michael wrote an article for publication and am looking
forward to seeing it.  Any idea how the publication is coming along, Dee?

allen